1. Plug in the micro usb cord to TokyMaker, and connect the cord with a power adapter.
2. The TokyMaker will automatically turn on once connected to power. It will display a 3 digit combination. This is its ID combination.
3. Turn on the Bluetooth in your device. You don’t need to connect with anything yet.
Minimum requirement: Bluetooth BLE 4.0 and up. If your Bluetooth version is lower than this requirement, please use a Bluetooth USB dongle to connect to TokyMaker. You would need to plug the dongle into your USB port before you connect.
6. Click on the Bluetooth icon in the webpage, and find your TokyMaker ID inside the drop down menu. Click join.
7. TokyMaker is programmed by a visual language that supports drag and drop. You can assemble and delete code blocks using this method.
8. Assemble a code that prints a message in the TokyMaker display. You will need a repeat block, a screen:clear block, a screen:print block, and a screen:display block.
9. Type in “Hello!”, and upload. Observe your TokyMaker, it should be displaying a message. Congratulations! You have just written your first program!
10. You can learn more about TokyMaker by checking out the cool projects in the community page and step-to-step tutorials in the learn page under our website. Be sure to follow us on social media!Previous Next